Best Cribs for Baby – Crib Buying Guide
Choosing the best cribs for your baby can be the difficult task today, several styles and options which are available in the market make it a complicated task. You need to determine the range of price to make a decision of the crib with unique features to satisfy you.
Assembling your nursery furniture collections is an exciting stage. Baby’s dream can become more enjoyable if they are provided with proper cribs to sleep on them. The parents choose the best cribs for their kid’s basing on the color, brand, style and more so price. Of all factors, the essential feature of concern is the safety of the crib to your baby. You should ensure the crib meets the standards provided by the federal government.
Before you buy your best cribs to your baby, you need to understand the types of baby cribs which you can encounter while shopping. The top rated baby cribs include the following.
These types of cribs are much compact and are transferable. With these types, you can be assured that your infant is provided with a very safe environment to sleep. Since they are movable, it offers you an opportunity to fold them and take them from one room to the other in case your baby is not comfortable with a given room.
Some other people refer to it as Convertible cribs. The main advantage with these kinds of cribs is that they can be converted from a crib to couch and also to bed rail. As you understand that most cribs typically last for a duration of two years, these items provide you a golden gate to achieving much out of your investments.
This types of cribs have a unique design and features; travel cribs are manufactured from soft resources such as wire and fluff. They are movable and can also be folded, hence enabling the busy parents who frequently travels out with their babies. For safe and maximum comfort to your child they are the perfect item during traveling.
Many people would think that portable cribs are similar with travel cribs. The two cribs have large differences. Just as said, travel cribs are made of mesh and foam whereas portable cribs are made of solid materials like wood. They can also be folded the same way as travel cribs, hence makes it easier to move with it while traveling.
They can perform exclusively one task. That is, it acts as a sleeping place. Compared to other cribs, standard cribs cannot be folded; they also have neither indefinite designs nor any other functional units such drawers. It is more convenient to parents who are only in need of a sleeping ground to their babies. Not suitable for parents who travel often.
Multi-functional Cribs cribs can execute other numerous tasks apart from being a sleeping place for your baby. They don’t have fixed or specific functions. Examples of multi-functional cribs are unfixed tables and drawers.
These kinds of cribs have irregular shape and design. They are cheap compared to other cribs. Cribs of this nature have no improvised features such as drawers and are much related to standard cribs.
Before you spend your money on buying a particular type of crib, you ensure to look for the following features which can help you in the purchase of a quality baby crib:
#What to look for when buying baby a given top rated baby crib
Stability of the crib: Just before you can get it, you need to understand whether the crib is stable or not. You can prove on this by shaking at the store before purchasing. A crib that quivers or clatters depicts that it is not stable and there are some joints are improperly placed or arranged. Try to avoid such cribs since they are not safe for your baby to sleep on them.
The size of your room: If your room is too small, you should, therefore, go for portable cribs or any other cribs which are seen to occupy less space in your room. Folded cribs or wheeled cribs can be fit to small rooms.
Flexibility: Some cribs are versatile and can easily be changed into a day bed, headboard or toddler bed. Depending on your choice, you should ensure that the crib you intend to buy can perform such tasks conveniently.
The size of frame: The interior measurements of the crib should be about the size and measurements of standard crib mattresses.Ensure to check that there is no space left between walls of the crib and the bed. There should be no space to prevent the toddler from climbing out of the crib.
Adjustable mattress height: The best cribs allows you to change the height of the crib mattress quickly through either raising or to lower the support of the mattress. When you baby starts to sit, you should drop the bed, as the child become active and begin to stand, they can climb on the crib, in this way they can fall out of that crib.
Observe the following guidelines as you place your baby in the crib:
- You should always use light blankets or pillows. The baby can quickly suffocate if he/she rolls over into thick sheets due to less muscle control.
- Ensure that the baby cribs are kept in a more secure and open place free from any sharp objects.
- Avoid buying drop-side cribs since are no longer recognized by CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission ). They are dangerous to your kid and thus should you should avoid.
- Follow each instruction and direction provided by the manufacturer while assembling your crib. Missing one step or following your instincts can cause severe injuries to your baby.
BEST CRIBS COMPAIRASION TABLE:[table “3” not found /]
10 BEST CRIBS THAT WILL KEEP YOUR BABY ENTIRELY SAFE AND COMFORTABLE
The Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib is made of pine wood from New Zealand. This makes it beautiful and long lasting. It also has a clean, shiny finish that is free of lead and Phthalate. This keeps your baby healthy and safe as they rest, sleep or play in it. This makes it one of the best cribs available today. Safety always comes first. Hence, the Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib has been thoroughly tested before being sold to you. It has successfully passed the U.S. CPSC standards for safety and it meets the ASTM international standards too. An interesting feature of this baby crib is that you can convert it into a daybed or toddler bed. This is made possible by a toddler bed conversion kit, concealed hardware and four levels of mattress placement. This makes the Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib a highly versatile bed.
- It is made of durable, beautiful New Pealand pine
- Does not have any lead or Phthalate in the finish hence is safe
- It can be converted into a day or toddler bed
- Can handle 50lbs
- It qualifies under various standards of safety and construction
- It gets scratched easily
- The wood is too soft
Despite these few negative characteristics, this baby crib can give you quality service and keep your baby safe and comfortable.
2.High quality baby crib costing around $170 – DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- It is safe for your baby since it has been Gold Certified by GREENGUARD
- The design is attractive
- It is versatile and can turn into a full-size bed or toddler bed on demand
- This baby crib has a high weight capacity
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- Its paint cracks after few months of use
- The packaging is bad hence it can arrive with parts missing or chipped construction
- It is very flexible and has option for conversion into 4 different forms
- You get 3 unique positions for mattress support in this baby crib
- It has a waterproof vinyl changing pad
- The changing pad is detachable
- This baby crib comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- The smell is pretty aggressive, but after leaving open the nursery window for 4-5 days it went away.
- Its parts arrive without labels so it is little hard to assemble
4.Enjoy quality and reliability crib – Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Your baby’s safety is of top priority when they are sleeping or resting in their crib. Hence, the Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is built with four stationary sides. These ones are not loose and keep you baby firmly secure in the crib.
The construction of this baby crib is quite stable. Due to this, it meets all the standards of safety proposed by U.S. and Canadian authorities. As such, you can trust the Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib. It is a highly versatile piece of nursery furniture. This is because you can quickly convert it from a regular baby crib into a toddler bed, a full-size one or a daybed. The instructions to achieve this come packaged with it. They make it so easy to assemble in any way you want. This Crib is available in various colors all featuring solid wood found in only the best cribs. What can you do when one of its parts gets damaged? Contact Stork Craft and you will get replacement parts mailed to you for free.
- It is very safe due to stable, stationary sides
- The baby crib meets U.S. and Canadian safety standards
- Available in many colors
- You can convert it into 4 unique baby furniture pieces like all the best cribs
- It comes with a warranty facilitating free replacement parts
- Its packaging needs improvement since the baby crib can arrive while damaged
- It is challenging to assemble without helping a partner
Despite having a few problems, this baby crib is capable of providing your little one with a comfortable and safe place to rest or sleep.
- It is light yet strong
- It comes with a special mattress made by its manufacturer
- Safety is guaranteed by firm sides and strong wood
- The baby crib meets the safety qualifications proposed by various international bodies
- It has a stylish design
The wood is too soft
The mattress provided is too thin to give comfort to your baby
6.DREAM ON ME VIOLET 7 IN 1 CONVERTIBLE LIFE STYLE CRIB
This is one of the best cribs which makes the user confident the baby is having a healthy sleeping environment. The stylish design is unisex. So it can be used for both girl and boy children. It is the best crib to consider if you are looking for something that can be easily converted into multiple positions just as your baby grows.
- It has a toddler guard rail. Once your baby begins to stand the guard rail is highly essential because the probability of the child falling off the crib without the guard rail is very high.
- Four height settings make the cribs height adjustable to your child’s growth. It is the best crib choice while considering your child’s future growth.
- With this crib, you are entitled, various options. You can make out a crib, toddler bed and, two sized youth beds
- There are lots of stickers on the crib which can be somewhat unsightly. They can also be time-consuming to remove them.
- Items are sold separately. There are few extras involved which you need to purchase separately especially when you want to serve specific purposes.
7.DELTA CHILDREN EMERY 4 IN 1 CRIB
This is one of the best cribs in the market because it has a good feature of accommodating your newborn child and developing along with them. The beautifully designed item is unisex and giving the user a wide range of use.
- All the items and hardware required to set it up are included. Although it may require the assistance of a partner to put together but it still does not require a lot of effort to set up.
- The crib has every part of it made up with durable and quality wood that ensures the safety of your baby.
- This crib can be used for any child irrespective of the gender because of its elegant design which will fit well with your nursery theme.
- JPMA certification ensures all safety standards.
- Items for conversion need to be purchased separately, especially when you decide you do not want to use a particular design.
It is the best crib to consider if you in the lookout for a solid crib to get for your baby. It meets the ASTM and CPSC safety standards along with GREENGUARD Gold certification.
- This fancy crib can accommodate your child from infancy to teen ages. It takes limited assemblage to convert it from a crib to a full-sized bed.
- The crib is manufactured from purely New Zealand Pine in forests and also the lowest carbon footprint possible is implemented when shipping DaVincis products.
- The slats of the DaVinci crib holds very firmly which can hold up to 135 pounds of weight imposed on it.
- The manual is not informative enough to guide the assemblage of an item that can be done in various ways. It is advisable to seek the assistance of someone when assembling this crib.
It is an affordable crib which has a very good look and made up to high safety standards in mind for babies. It is one of the best cribs in the market which can be presented as a gift in a baby shower especially if you are hoping to present a remarkable gift. Your child’s comfort is guaranteed with this crib in your nursery.
- You will not have to worry about purchasing various sizes of the mattress for the perfect fit if you buy this crib. Because it already comes along with a perfect sized mattress.
The Graco Hayden convertible crib comes with very clear instructions on how to fit the parts and well-labelled.
- Graco Hayden convertible crib does not only meet the standards of ASTM and CPSC but it is also certified by JPMA.
- You can be assured your baby’s safe and sound sleeping if you have a Graco Hayden convertible crib.
- This crib occupies quiet an amount of space. So it is advisable to take measurements of the nursery to ensure the crib fits. Also, there is need to assemble this crib in the nursery due to its large size.
- You might need your partner to help lift the baby in and out of the crib if you plan to have a cesarean.
10. BABYLETTO Hudson 3-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB:
It has a stylish design which will transform from the bed of a newborn to that of an infant.Also once your child is in need of a daybed there is no reason for you to go and buy one. Because this crib is convertible can serve that purpose.This is the best crib choice if you are looking for one with a modern design that has a long lasting span.
- It is lead and phthalate safe with the non-toxic finish. Also, meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- It is one of the best cribs in the market because it is very healthy to use and it also GREENGUARD certified.
- It is easy to place your baby on the bed because the crib has legs which are shorter than the average crib.
- You can position the mattress into several different heights as your child grows.
- Assembling the crib is quite easy especially with the help of a partner. It has clear instructions on how to assemble it. And also all hardware is provided so there is no need to go out and buy any extra item.
- You may need to place a rug underneath or furniture pad to protect floors.
- You need to ensure that the crib mattress you pick is big enough to fit into the crib so that you do not pose danger to your baby. It is also necessary to assemble the crib in the nursery because it’s bigger than most doorways.
As the baby is growing, he/she would be spending most of the time in the crib. So it is necessary that you buy a crib which is safe and efficient for your kid. The above guidelines have been proven to work and will make you get the top rated baby cribs for your child to feel much comfort.