Have you run out of indoor games to keep your little angel entertained?
Kids love to play. But as a parent, it can be challenging to make them happy with the same game every day. That’s why the best outdoor baby swing can be a lifesaver. After all, who doesn’t love to have fun on a swing? Moreover, a good outdoor baby swing will keep your baby safe in an outdoor environment while your baby enjoys the fresh air and sunlight.
Down below, we will review the 7 best outdoor baby swings so that you can pick the right one for your sunshine.
However, if you don’t have enough time to go through the seven reviews, then go for the step2 Infant to toddler swing set if your kid is nine months to three years old. It is comfortable and comes with a strong restraint system to keep your child safe. And for older kids, choose the Beletops swing seat. The seat is made of hand-knitted polyester rope and the price range is also very reasonable.
Now let’s jump into our review section for a detailed analysis.
7 Best Outdoor Baby Swing Reviews
1. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
Yes, the sturdy ropes you get are also weather resistant. That means you won’t have to repair it from time to time. It can stay in shape and hold its stiffness even in rough weather.
A good swing helps your baby to improve his motor skills and vestibular systems. Due to having a high backseat, this swing helps the neck muscles to get a rest. Plus your baby has more room to relax and enjoy.
Easy to Maintain
It is made of molded plastic to avoid heavyweight. The material also looks more pleasing aesthetically and is very easy to clean. You just have to sponge it with water. Plus it comes with mounting carabiners and ropes to make the installation easier.
- It can capable to hold maximum of 50 pounds.
- Kids from 9 months olds to 3 years old can freely ride it.
- It is super easy to install.
- You can mount it to trees or exposed beams within minutes.
- Some parents found that the plastic straps are very hard to unlatch.
- The rope you get is 4 feet only.
2. Sports-power Toddler Swing Set
This teddy bear-shaped swing has a unique combination of fun and safe. It comes with ASTM approved full harness to support older kids. The 47 inches high frame is also perfect and safe for little kids.
This swing is made of heavy-duty steel with an outer layer of powdered coating. It can swing back and forth throughout the day without showing any wear and tear.
The most eye-catching feature of this pump is its portability. When you don’t need the swing or when the season is rough, you can store it inside. Thus it gets a longer lifespan.
- The max weight capacity is 55 pounds.
- It meets the standard of ASTM safety standards.
- We recommended it for babies 9 to 36 months.
- It is an easily portable outdoor baby swing.
- The chair is a little hard to fold for narrower storage.
- The straps are not high-quality.
3. Canvas Hanging Swing Set
A cushion is attached at the back to provide comfort. And the whole seat is made of a canvas without any extra harness. That’s why a fidgety baby will find this swing more relaxing and soothing.
Higher Weight Capacity
The maximum weight capacity is 100 pounds. Isn’t it impressive? However, it is recommended for 6 months to 3 years old babies. The structure of the swing is wooden. All the materials add to its durability.
One of its greatest advantages is that you can wash it at any time. Swings can get rusty over time. The rust or paint can affect your baby’s skin and cause rash. But thanks to the wooden structure, this is 100% non-toxic and safe.
- The cushioned seat is comfy.
- It looks more attractive and cute.
- It comes with wooden toys and babies love it.
- The best non-toxic baby swing for outdoor.
- The safety harness is missing.
- It requires extra protection from water.
4. Eastern Jungle Gym Full Bucket Toddler Swing
The construction material is of high-quality polyethylene and plastic. As a result, the swing gets 360 degrees of protection. Another benefit of this material is its rust-resistance ability. You can surely expect a long life from this.
To avoid the pinching of naughty kids this set features anti-pinch plastisol coated chains. Children will have a comfortable grip. Plus the high bucket is about 11.5×11.5×10 inches. With so much protection, this is the safest outdoor baby swing for your kid.
The whole swing set is pre-assembled to make your task easier. It comes with 66″ zinc coated chains. But you can adjust it according to your need up to 30″. Also, it can be attached to most of the swing beams with 9′ height easily.
- The maximum weight limit is 150 pounds.
- Setting it up is very easy.
- The bucket is sturdy and durable.
- It serves good for the price.
- The bucket might be too bulky for babies.
- The yellow coat can deteriorate over time.
5. TP Quadpod Adjustable 4 in 1 Swing Set
Adjustable Design According to Age
There are four methods to use this swing for kids of different ages. In method 1 you can use the “Y” shaped yoke to safeguard the baby. Then you can remove the headrest to create a cradle in method 2. In the later methods, remove the T-bar for a bucket seat and then slip the base away for a comfy swing seat.
Top-quality plastic is used to mold the seat and the metal spring lock. It has enough room to feel comfortable. Plus, the structure is very stiff and hard too. It weighs about 5.5 pounds with a dimension of 15.4x13x15 inches.
It comes with a universal fastener and 8 feet long ropes. The multiple settings are wonderful. In a detailed manual, everything is described perfectly. Previous buyers are highly satisfied with this pre-assembled and easy to set-up swing. People also love it outdoorsy color.
- It can fit kids from 6 months to 8 years.
- The swing grows with the child.
- The construction is durable and strong.
- It can hold about 77 pounds.
- Some parents complain that the swing wasn’t comfy for their kids.
- The straps need improvement.
6. Beletops Swing Seat for Kids
The seat is knitted with weather-resistant polyester. So that, it can stay in shape for a long period. Polyester ropes are very comfy and stiff at the same time. Also, the structure uses stainless steel to prevent rusting.
Adjustable Height Design
The height of the swing is adjustable from 41 to 70 inches. It means the height will increase as the kid grows old. You can stay with this swing for your baby’s whole childhood.
Stainless steel material screams strength. It is weather approved, rust approved, and abrasion approved. No matter how bad the season is, your swing will stay fit and keep your child safe. It has a max weight capacity of 440 pounds. It surely is the best baby outdoor swing set for older babies.
- It can carry up to 440 pounds.
- A traditional swing with the touch of hands.
- The seat is super comfy and durable.
- It’s ropes height is adjustable.
- Some customers found their hand-knitted seats sagging down.
- You can’t use it for toddlers.
7. Monkey And Mouse Secure Canvas And Wooden Hanging Swing Set
The canvas is 100% cotton and machine washable. No worries about deteriorating paint or rusting. As soon as it gets dirty you can clean it. But remember to mount the swing under a shade or on your porch.
You get O-rings and lockable carabiners to hang it accurately. The height of ropes is also adjustable according to your preference. To ensure a successful installation the manufacturer provides a descriptive manual. And the seatbelts will keep your toddler in place and avoid tripping.
Complimentary Backpack And Easy to Mount Up
Now, this is a unique feature. You can easily store the swing in this bag. It makes carrying it smoother. Installing it is also simple. Hang it on a tree branch, patios or an exposed beam.
- It looks artsy and modern.
- The seat is machine washable.
- It comes with a complimentary backpack.
- The secure seatbelt keeps the child secure.
- The set doesn’t include mounting hardware.
- It is not right for babies that require extra body support.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what age, a baby can swing?
You can put your six months old baby in a swing if he can support his body. Just make sure your baby is supervised by a parent the whole time.
What is the weight limit for a baby swing?
Generally, the weight limit for a baby swing is around 30 pounds or 13 Kilograms. But the weight limit of different swings can surely vary.
Are infant swings safe?
Yes, infant swings are safe if the time is limited to 30 minutes and supervised by you. Don’t let your newborn baby sleep in the swing. It can harm your baby’s neck muscle.
Things You Should Consider While Shopping For An Outside Baby Swing
No matter what, your baby should always be safe. That’s why when it comes to choosing the best outdoor baby swing, you have to consider a few things. Let’s have a look:
Durability and Comfort
The durability of the structure is the first thing to notice. A weak build-quality can lead to horrific accidents. That’s why make sure the swing has sturdy stands that can prevent tripping.
Next, look for comfy bedding. If your baby doesn’t find the padding comfortable, then you can expect tantrums.
You need to find a swing that requires less time to set up. If the installation process is too complex and confusing for you, then it’s better to avoid it.
The prices of indoor-outdoor baby swings can range from $50 to $300. Your budget can highly influence your selection process. But parents generally don’t compromise with the sturdiness and comfort for the price.
Size of The Swing
If you live in a small apartment and need to travel a lot, a small or portable swing set is your best pick. But if you have enough space, nothing comes close to a full-size swing with all the safety features. Besides, there are other options available such as battery-operated or plug-in swings.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Swinging?
As the newborn baby tries to adapt to this new world, a baby swing can offer great help. The rhythmic motion in a swing can mimic the movement of a mother’s womb. That’s why infants enjoy being in a swing more than a stationary carrier.
Also, swinging helps to improve children’s core muscles and strengthen their abdomen. Grasping the chain while swinging will help them to learn how to grip a pen later in life.
Best Baby Outdoor Swing Safety Tips
- Always check the weight limit before allowing your child to start swinging. Though the general weight limit is 30 pounds, it can range from 20 to 40 pounds. Try to find a new swing if your baby weighs more than the limit.
- You should check the ropes of the swing for any loose connection. The sturdiness of structure is a crucial factor to ensure your child’s safety. If you find any broken chains, replace or repair it.
- You should place the swing thoughtfully. There should be at least 6 feet distance between any object and your swing.
- Though we have already mentioned the minimum age when you can put your baby in a swing, there are exceptions. If the baby is premature and doesn’t have improved core muscles for support, you must not use a swing at any cost.
- Eventually, your baby will outgrow the swing. You need to move him to a new swing according to his growth. But how will you find out when your baby outgrows the swing? Simple, the baby throws a tantrum and wants to get out of it. And if you don’t pay heed to this, your baby may climb out of it on his own.
Watching your kid happy and cheerful is pure bliss. A swing is not just any playing equipment. It soothes the babies and fastens their growth.
All seven items discussed here are the best outdoor baby swing in the market. We attempted to give you a sense of comparison to choosing the right one for your little cupcake. However, our top choice with regards to price, comfort, and feature is the Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Set. If you are looking for something cute and modern, opt for the Mouse and Monkey’s Canvas Swing Set.
But if your kids are older, Beletops Swing Seat will be ideal. On the other hand, parents who have kids of different ages should choose the TP Quadpod 4 in 1 Swing Set. Hope you get benefited from this article.